Replacement Windows & What You Need to Know
The Basics of Replacement Windows
Many homeowners are aware that they’ll eventually need replacement windows. This is especially true if they want to increase energy-savings since energy efficient technology is constantly evolving to greater heights. Despite knowing the significance of replacement windows, many still know very little about what makes a quality window. Fortunately, our experts here at Ultimate Gutter Guard of Birmingham are readily available at a moment’s notice to provide you with all the knowledge you’ll ever need regarding replacement windows. Having a trusted source for window replacement is imperative when it comes to equipping your home with the most current and relevant energy-saving window technology.
The Necessary Window Qualities
- Beauty: This is a quality that homeowners have wanted their windows to possess since the concept was first conceived. If a window doesn’t complement or enhance your home’s curb appeal, then it’s hardly worth having. Make sure you’re replacement windows don’t leave your beautiful home looking dull and distraught.
- Double-Pane: Any replacement window worth having will be available with at least a double-pane option. The extra pain provides two extra barrier through which heat transfer must occur, the pane itself and the thermal break between panes.
- Low-E Coatings: This quality finds its value in protecting the interior of your home and its décor since it blocks harmful UV rays. Low-E is also useful for reducing radiant heat transfer.
- Insulating Gas Fills: This feature is only available with double and triple pane windows. Either Argon or Krypton gas is used to fill the vacuumed space in between panes. The density of the gas makes it a great deterrent to heat transfer.
- Quality Framing: There are several framing materials from which you can choose and the decision can come down to affordability, durability, energy efficiency, and personal taste. Frame materials consist of vinyl, steel/aluminum, wood, and fiberglass. Each of these materials have benefits unique to their makeup that make them quality options for any homeowner.
- Customizability: Relating to the beauty of a replacement window is its ability to be customized to meet the homeowner’s tastes. Our windows are available with several customizable options including color, grille pattern, glass type, and even shape.
Relevancy of Window Knowledge
The quality of your home’s windows play a huge role with regards to energy efficiency, which is why having some knowledge of what you’re looking for is so important. Options like double-pane and low-e coatings are nearly standard on most modern windows but it’s still good to ask about these before finalizing a purchase. Another great source of information is the NFRC label that’s displayed on the window. This label gives valuable information on energy efficiency, daylighting, and other qualities of the window. To find out what other window qualities to watch out for, just contact us to schedule a free consultation today.