Signs Your Siding Needs to be Replaced
High-Quality Vinyl Siding Solutions
Siding is one of the most important aspects of your home and, as such, it should be carefully monitored to ensure that it is performing its job properly. However, not every homeowner is aware of the telltale signs that exist with regards to siding condition. Fortunately, the experts at Ultimate Gutter Guard of Birmingham are here to help you determine whether or not your siding is failing. Some preliminary signs that indicate further inspection from a professional is necessary are bubbling, buckling, cracks, and a few others that we’ll detail throughout the article. The most important thing to remember is to contact a local siding expert as soon as you notice any of the following signs. From there, you will be able to devise a proper plan of action with which to deal with the issue.
Signs of Your Siding’s Demise:
- Bubbling or Blistering: This is typical of siding that is constantly exposed to extreme amounts of heat and moisture. Over time the integrity of siding becomes compromised by general wear and tear. Moisture may get trapped behind the siding and cause physical deformities such as bubbling and blistering.
- Buckled or Warping: The typical cause of buckling and warping in vinyl siding is faulty installation. If vinyl siding is nailed to your home too tightly, then it has no room to expand and contract during extreme temperatures. This results in buckling and warping, which results in needing to replace that section.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: This is another issue that can be caused by typical wear and tear over years of abuse by strong winds, extreme temperatures, and other abuses. Siding in this condition needs replaced because it can no longer protect your home from water damage or heat transfer.
- Growth of Fungus, Mold, & Mildew: A sure sign that moisture has infiltrated the area behind your siding and collected long enough to present its physical effects. We suggest contacting an expert to examine what areas are affected since mold can lead to health issues and should not be taken lightly.
- Loose Wallpaper or Peeling Paint: If the interior of your home is exhibiting loose wallpaper or peeling paint, then it’s entirely possible that enough moisture has found its way behind your siding and is now seeping through the walls and causing significant damage.
Taking the Necessary Steps
The above are just a few of the signs to watch out for when it comes to the health of your home siding. If you notice any of the above, we recommend that you contact experienced professionals to come and inspect the possible damage to your home. Once assessed, you can formulate a decisive plan to correct your home’s siding situation. At Ultimate Gutter Guard of Birmingham, we have siding experts readily available to aid you, just contact us to schedule a free consultation.