Home Maintenance Tasks that Help Save Money
May 14, 2014
Failure to do home maintenance leads to costly repairs and replacements on items that could have lasted a long time. Sometimes, furniture and appliances fail when they are not meant to because of our own negligence and ignorance on home maintenance.
In order to save yourself from the unnecessary expenses, take note of the following money-saving tips.
- Schedule a routinely HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) maintenance. Regular inspections cost lesser than major repairs when the HVAC system fails.
- On nice weather, except during winter, make sure to climb up the roof and check for any damages, loose shingles, and whatnot.
- Clean your air conditioner and refrigerator coils to improve its efficiency, performance, and cooling effects.
- Dryer vents could be filled with lint after countless times of using the appliance. Clean it by removing its hose and vacuuming it well.
- Inspect the washing machine hoses for any cracks that cause leaks, molds, and water damage. Replace them as necessary.
Source: US News